Layout

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

365 Days of Gratitude and Simplicity Day 28

December 7, 2010
*All content has been taken from SImple Abundance. Some content has been shortened for the purpose of 365 Days of Gratitude. 

The Illustrated Discovery Journal
Knowledge of what you love somehow comes to you; you don't have to read nor analyze nor study. If you love a thing enough, knowledge of it seeps into you, with particulars more real than any chart can furnish. ~Jessamyn West

The key to loving how you live is knowing what it is you truly love. 

One of the best ways to find out your personal preferences is to create an illustrated journal or what I like to call a dream board. 

You can do this several different ways. You could purchase a new sketchbook and fill it with words, images that speak to your soul. 

Get in touch with the things that speak to your soul. Sun drenched Santa Fe colors? Family? Activity? Teaching? Writing? Volunteering? 

The way I created my dream boards was a bit different. I found a bright piece of cardstock that was fairly large, got out all of my old magazines, cut out different words, pictures, and items that I loved. I created visualizations of things that I wanted or wanted to happen. 

Ironically enough if you look closely at my past visualizations, some of those things DID happen or become truth. I DID meet Harry Connick, Jr. The dining room table I have now is the exact one I pasted on my board in 2006. 




Today's challenge:  Gather your supplies. Begin cutting out the things that stand out to you. Put them on your board. Let the journal/dream board create itself. Do a little at a time. 

Today's exercise: Write down 10 things you are grateful for in this moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment